Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Way Too Damn Much Hurt



Life is tough, This road is rough
Everyone says for answers look above
Or look within yourself they say
That'll fix the wandering way
Does it really fix the way?


Life is pain and so am I
I'm ashamed of tears I cry
I'm depressed by tears I cause
Or by all this widespread loss
Numb the pain with this and that
Drinking, drugs, success can't match
The magical pang of pain within
Each time I think of what has been


Life is brief, the time it flies
Try to stop a blinking eye
Try to catch a fleeting breath
Futility defined is halting death
Those you love they come and go
Can't accept the changes no
Can't accept the better you
Wish I hadn't changed too


I still can't say that my life is better now
Still can't say my life is worse
All I can say when I look back
I've had way too damn much hurt


© Joel A. Mann 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment